MoPro Mobility & Healthcare Products provides quality, affordable respiratory services.
Please take a moment to review the products below. Learn more about each type of product by clicking on the product title. If you have a specific need or request, please contact us online or call us at 315-472-0707.
This is an overview of the products and services offered by MoPro Mobility & Healthcare Products. Please visit our online catalog of products.
For Medicare Recipients with Diabetes and Part B Coverage special provisions for Therapeutic Shoes may be available to YOU! In May 1993, Congress amended Medicare statutes to provide partial reimbursement for depth shoes or custom molded shoes and shoe inserts or modifications to qualified Medicare Part B patients with diabetes. The Centers for Disease Control has estimated that 54,000 lower limb amputations due to diabetes occur annually and experts agree that most are preventable with appropriate footwear that is properly fitted.
The physician (M.D. or D.O.) who manages the patient's systemic diabetic condition is called the certifying physician. The certifying physician must state that the patient has diabetes mellitus, has one or more of the conditions which Medicare describes as placing the patient at risk and is being treated under a comprehensive plan of care for his/her diabetes and needs therapeutic shoes.
Within a given calendar year, the qualifying patient can receive 80% of the allowed amounts for one pair of depth shoes and three pairs of inserts OR one pair of custom molded shoes (including inserts) and two additional pairs of inserts. Also:
1) separate inserts are covered under certain criteria;
2) shoe modifications are covered as a substitute for an insert;
3) custom molded shoes are covered when the patient has a foot deformity which cannot be accommodated by a depth shoe.
For a qualified patient to receive this benefit, the certifying physician must review and sign a "Statement of Certifying Physician for Therapeutic Shoes" and the prescribing physician or the Podiatrist treating the patients feet conditions must complete a footwear prescription. Once the patient has the necessary documentation, he/she can see a Medicare footwear supplier. The supplier will then keep the documentation on file and submit the claim to Medicare for traditional Medicare patients.
The Center for Medicare Services (CMS) will reimburse 80% of the amount it designates as "allowable," with the patient responsible for a minimum of 20% of the total payment amount. If the patient has supplemental coverage, the 20% may be paid for by that insurance depending on the specifics of the policy.
People with insurance other than Medicare Part B Policy may have similar coverage for Therapeutic Footwear. With your permission, we can contact your insurance carrier for details about your coverage.
Home Medical Equipment
· Large selection of Lift Chairs
· Hospital Beds & accessories
· Incontinence pads
· Gel & foam cushions
Compression & Braces
· Jobst Compression Stockings
· Large selection of “Off the Shelf” FLA Braces
Bathroom Safety Products
· Raised toilet seats
· Shower Seats & Benches
· Grab bars in many sizes & styles with optional installation available
· Wheelchairs & Travel Chairs including short term rentals
· 3 & 4 Wheel Scooters
· Lightweight Travel Scooters
· Power wheelchairs
· Rentals by Day, Wk, Month
Stairlift for the home
· Straight stairlifts for point to point travel
· Curved stairlifts for complex stairways
· Call for a FREE home lift evaluation
· Our primary partner is Handicare Sterling
· See their web site at: www.sterling-stairlifts.com
Home Accessibility Equipment
· Modular aluminum ramp systems
· Vertical platform lifts up to 48 in. rise
· Portable ramps to 10 ft
· Scooters & Wheelchair lifts
· Exterior carriers